Tuesday 4 February 2014

Harvest Moon


1.2.14.

Yes, Comrades

Woke up feeling like anything but P Diddy. That's all fine. You'd be amazed how long it can take to fill up one full page of A4 with genius material each day. I've got about fifty minutes from this point, which is pretty ridiculous, all things considered.

I had been presented with a bunch of albums with no cases, including Hendrix, Dylan, Marley and Young, so today's mission was to infiltrate the enemy office superstore, acquire the max security CD sleeves and evacuate undetected. So, we hopped in the Nancymobile and sped along to the colonnade, after our usual argument about how such a thing is pronounced. We get to Staples - $15 for 100 CD sleeves? No, no, bloody no.

So we arrive at the Wal Mart at Christown Spectrum mall, my first time visiting this time. $3 for 25 sleeves? Much better. Nancy grabbed a few shirts and we left via the mall. Surprisingly, Cousin Nico came through for a day out, so we went to get him. He seemed to be collecting pillows, I was nearly forced out his door by them.

Soon, we were all sat at Applebee's eating buffalo chicken wings and weird triangular chicken won ton tacos and drinking beer and mudslides, chatting about naughty things we did in our childhoods. The service was questionable, but the food and company compensated. Apparently Applebee's are big on birthdays, so Cousin Nico told the staff, against my requests, that it was my birthday. That bastard. I got a free sundae, and they sang to me again...

After getting some glowsticks for Cousin Nico's rollerskate derby rave...thing, we popped to a park. It was freezing and dark, but so tranquil, especially with that massive block of cheese hanging in the sky, was something else. We made a quick call and made our way to home #3.

There, All In The Family was on. There's something about sitcoms from the 70s, 80s and 90s that seems lost now but was a universal thing: the innocent humour. The innocent part is all gone and I can't work out why, maybe Gervais ruined it by throwing 'cringeworthy' into the mix, dunno. Tree walked in. "Walk of shame". At 8pm? I'm going to miss her one liners.

We made a quick trip out and came back to watch Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion. It sounds like a proper chick flick but it really isn't, I loved it. If anyone needs to take a ride, we've got a car - which we took home. I didn't like I Heart Huckabee's as much, but it was alright. I've been nothing but sleepy recent nights. Still, not like it matters now, sadly.

"Just like children sleeping, we could dream this night away"

In a bit.
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment