Wednesday 29 May 2013

Digital Love

27.5.13

Yes, Comrades

I saw 8:00am for the first time in my life. Straight to La Canasta to eat proper Mejicano cuisine. Dipping my toe in the mashed beans (real good gear), so to speak, I just had a beef taco - behave! I met Javier and his mrs Alecia, but no Braveheart grilling this time.

Off we ventured into downtown Phoenix, which breath from me, it did take. I needn't go on too much, but there was a Yoshi's...how God taunts me.

We then took the road to Nancy's where I had Kool Aid again and was given a present, reminding me of one of the most embarrassing moments of my colourful life. You'll know it when you see it.

Smoke shop has bongs bigger than me, no exaggeration whatsoever. Mental. Then to Mama Sheba's, I passed on the ganja this time. Really, Yabby Bassey, this would be the life for you, here. Even doing nothing is an adventure.

But we weren't doing nothing: the mountain had the common courtesy to be open today. With Twizzlers (ew) and Puffcorn (holy fuck give me more) in hand, we patrolled the summit. The Sleeping Camel mountain looked even cooler from over a thousand feet high, as did all of Phoenix, Arizona.

Next thing I know, I come out of a changing room, looking dapper in my Spongebob Squarepants swimming shorts. After faceplanting a flume and riding the bloody terrifying 'Vagina Slide' as one particular vagabond on the Lazy River kept calling it, we were back doing our drowning business in the Thunder Bay wave pool at Sunsplash. Great place.

Next to Panda Express, Asleep In The Back soundtracking the drive. I'm sick of it, they do everything better here, for less! The night was bookended with more psychedelic bubbles exploding in our minds, before we said goodnight and I collapsed into oblivion, fully clothed.




"We'll make these dream come true"


In a bit.
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment