Wednesday 21 March 2012

Train Kept A Rollin

 "Was like wrestling an octopus made of titanium"

Yes, Comrades

I've returned from London. I kept a journal, made five entries - three on Tuesday, two today. Here's the first...

Tuesday 20th March #1

I may start getting a bit vicious in a bit. Just passed Carlisle station - reminded yours truly of Trainspotting (an actor called Robert may have had something to do with it). Woke at eight thirty, zero minutes before having to saunter to the station, carrying that blimmin' bag, was like wrestling an octopus made of titanium. Having not taken a train to further than Glasgow Central for seven years, I'd never quite registered it - but the whole 'train, window, scenery' malarky is daft cause so far, speaking at 12:25pm, it all looks terribly monotonous. Still, mustn't grumble. One can of Bud down, fighting to stay awake and sober for London. Poor old blonde sat next to Bruv, listening to James Bond parody titles such as From Rotherham With Love. Should be in London in three hours - crazy how Time Flies. Some Asian fella listening to Ke$ha adjacent, bopping his head in approval. Onwards!

In a bit.

SD

The following is an excerpt from my Australia Journal 2008-09. Careful now, ahead lies only tales of going to see one of the worst films of all sodding time


Wednesday 17th December 2008

Dare I admit, I saw Twilight tonight. In 'Gold class' which meant reclining seats, style, comfort and nachos. Shitty cheese...I liked the film, if you care. Went to a party tonight. Made sure I didn't get drunk. The father n me were complete spare ones. Like the ground, like Gods, like air...invisible. Didn't buy anything today, the music tastes here are shocking. The beer's good though, as if I care. Mark got his hard drive wiped by dropping it. Theme park bound tomorrow. Whoopee...I'd rather sleep in sunshine listening to Cast all day. Oh well. And Freddy is actually one great guy. Judgmental = bad.
"I'm not one to give up, but I feel I'm at a loss"

No comments:

Post a Comment