Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas


25.12.13.

Yes, Comrades

That day, again. We had two hours til departure to the family gathering. This was spent partaking in the usual festive panic about forgetting shit. Within about ten minutes of leaving, we were at Uncle Tony's house.

Within minutes I'm bombarded by adults and children alike whom I don't recognise. I really don't know what to make of the hugs, kisses, laughing, cheering, clapping and general happiness that's being exchanged. A boy named Isaac took a real interest in me and my homeland to the point of practically asking if he could do a documentary on me. I mean, how would you react? I felt like the King of Arizona.

With Star Wars sweeties in hand, pork, turkey, spinach, potatoes, salad, cheesecake, eggnog, Cola, spinach salad, potato salad and other stuff was consumed. "Don't sit me too near the fire". Is what I would've said if anyone in Arizona owned such a thing. Presents were given to the twenty or so kids whilst we tried to just get to the back door to get some recovery time.

We were there four hours total before we were back home, swapping outlandish music. This portion of the day was mostly spent relaxing. Between cigarettes, X, Alecia and the kids arrived. I don't know what it is, but I still don't know why people, age regardless, think torturing me will be a fun thing to do. All night was a faux magic show from the kids as we all exchanged our gifts. I was Uncle Dread for the night...that's what they (kinda) called me.

I won't be a dick and list my presents but I was very happy. I was dressed in the full Arizona gear by the end of the night and chugging Stella. It's impossible not to get caught up in it in some capacity.

But what kind of day would this be if it didn't end with a visit to Sheba's? Well, that's ok, cause that's what happened. We brought cheesecake over, just chatted about the day and were gone in about an hour.

Finally, we capped off with more music and I finished my Stella. God bless us, every one. Not you. Or you. You, yeah, you. Not you. You lot, I like you.




Merry Christmas

"Did you ever see the faces of the children? They get so excited"

In a bit.
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment