Sunday 23 June 2013

Baba O'Riley

19.6.13.

Yes, Comrades

It would be a bit silly for me to try to narrate this day's events at Disneyland in order, simply because so much happened. But in Adventureland, we took a river tour through a jungle with a corny but likeable guide and let Mr Nancy's glowing shirt guide us through the temple of doom in Indie's jeep.

In New Orleans Square, the Pirates ride wound up being closed. We got on it at night, munching popcorn and mocking each other. Haunted Mansion too - I don't know how they do half the shit they do on that ride. Mindblowing.

I felt up some goats in the Critter Country petting zoo, then we used old faithful Single Rider on Splash Mountain, which we rode a total of four times. My personal favourite.

We ate at Carrow's again. Most of us got the Surf and Turf Feast - lobster tail, steak, shrimp, a baked potato and garlic cheese bread. So yes, Bunny Bongo, I am indeed eating all the things.

Nancy and I took a time-killing stroll before the parade, which was very impressive, I must say. In Toontown, we met that egomaniac Mickey Mouse. He's a character, isn't he? We also got to gawk at Jessica Rabbit on the Car Toon Spin, all the while arguing about the correct pronunciation of Maleficent.

Mr Toad's Wild Ride in Fantasyland broke down. So, we rode the carousel, the very disappointing, whiplash-inducing Matterhorn Bobsleds and had a cuppa with the Mad Hatter in Alice In Wonderland's spinning teacups.

In Tomorrowland, we soared through Alderaan, Tatooine et al in Star Tours, in which Irie Nancy was identified as a rebel spy. Great fun. Space Mountain was closed, surprise fooking surprise, so was Thunder Mountain in Frontierland, by the way. We then raced in the on-tail bumper cars in Autopia before riding the Monorail and seeing next to nothing.

During the fireworks display and the light show, the park turned into a free-for-all, people fighting and sprinting down lines they already jumped. We joined in. We left at 11pm, having spent 13 hours there (and at Carrow's), me with ice cream in hand from Nico. The one part I missed was a one-titted woman at a bus stop asking Mama Sheba for money.





"I came here to get my picture taken with Rex from Toy Story, and I'm going to get my fucking picture taken with Rex from Toy Story!"
"Let's get together before we get much older"


In a bit.
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment