Thursday 13 June 2013

I Awake

11.6.13

Yes, Comrades

Woke up feeling no pain at a reasonable time. Bit groggy, but nothing particularly left field. After getting ready, still half-deaf, we were on our trip to Easley's Fun Shop. They had masks for everything, even that fucking pear! Sections dedicated to The Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, Zombies, Toy Story, you name it. There's that phrase again...they really do have everything though. I got meself a dandy Creature From The Black Lagoon mask and we continued on our adventure.

Having acquired a taste for blades, we arrived at the Fiesta Mall. This mall was very reminiscent of the one from Dawn of the Dead, man. But that one's in Monroeville or some shit. This store had that one sword from Devil May Cry. Remembering that the kind of person who purchases such items thinks saying things like "The weak shall give their hearts and swear their eternal loyalty to me" is fair play, I didn't bother.

FYE was more like HMV with regard to their prices, but it too was a cool music shop. At this point I decided I wanted something in particular that they didn't have, so began the trek to and through the two bigger Zias. No dice. Why can't they just stock Courage the Cowardly fucking Dog?!

Fancied a Burger King, so I got a Burger King. The girl thought I was from London, because my shirt had London on it. She was proper dizzy, blud. South Mountain was closed, so went to Tempe Marketplace. I had began holding my nose and blowing hard, which seemed to be doing something. I stopped though, I didn't want it to work and for the first thing I hear properly to be Enter Sandman.

The marketplace was a joy, awash with neon and good times. We didn't get out, just admired it from the Nancymobile. We took it lastly to a Circle K for some beers. I resumed blowing - God, my left ear is a stubborn bastard. At last, it popped, I was back! To the tune of "You gotta fight, for your right, to paaarrrty!" too. Poetic justice.

We watched Tales From The Crypt, and in one segment, chestnuts are roasting on an open fire, Bing Crosby's bringing in the cheer, then a chick puts a poker right through her husband's head. Well, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast! "It jumped up a notch" - you. It did, didn't it? Bedtime.



"The struggle's real, the force is great"
In a bit.
SD

1 comment: